Sunday, March 05, 2006

Live action Simpsons, some worthwhile podcasts

Check out this awesome live action recreation of 'The Simpsons' show opening. It was much better than I was expecting when I first saw the link.

Thought for something different I would post links to some of the podcasts I listen to or watch. I'm lazy and just get them all from iTunes (it's so easy). Anyway, here's a few:
  • Ask A Ninja - people ask a ninja questions, and he responds. I guess I didn't really need to explain that. Funny vidcast.
  • Diggnation - Kevin Rose and Alex Albrecht (formerly of G4-TechTV) discuss some of the top ranked stories posted to social news site Digg.com. Always interesting and often humorous. (Occasional adult language.)
  • Channel Frederator - a collection of cartoon shorts by different artists and studios. Many are mediocre (or lame), but there are quite a few really good ones. Traditional, CGI, and sometimes music videos that have animation. (Occasional adult language or themes.)
  • Geek News Central - tech stories and discussion. Appropriate for all ages.
  • The Official Lost Podcast - "Lost" executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse discuss the previous episode, give some hints about the upcoming episode, and answer fan questions. Occasionally, there are interviews with stars of the show.
  • CIO Podcast - Information Technology and business stories.
  • The Onion Radio News - news farce from the humorist site "The Onion". Often very funny. (Occasional adult language.)

2 comments:

Kahnman said...

I found that live action Simpson's movie from Google video today. They did a really good job on that. I guess the Europeans love the Simpsons too. That one guy on the street with the sax really looked like Bleeding Gums Murphy too.

Brian Whitmarsh said...

Yeah, when I saw the link, I thought it was going to be a poorly done job, but I think they got it spot on. The kids in the band and the band director were great, and I noticed Bleeding Gums and Chief Wiggum in the street scene.