Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Dolls, animatronics, pricing practices

Hello,
I'm back from a nice vacation in Florida to find that Minnesota was buried in snow while I was gone. It was nice to avoid the huge storms that hit the Midwest in the last week and a half.

Anyway, I'm watching "The Pussycat Dolls Present: The Search for the Next Doll" as I write this; I am further convinced that this country is retarded. The "contestants", the dolls themselves, everyone involved, they are all vapid, clueless, two-dimensional people. There is so much focus on the veneer and none on the substance.

A couple quick links:
  • Disney reanimates theme parks with "free-roaming, interacting audio-animatronic Muppets capable of 'seeing' and 'talking' without a human puppeteer in sight". Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker are the first up. Please, oh please tell me one of these will be running for president in '08!
  • Best Buy web site pricing probed. Apparently there is an in-store employee site that looks like BestBuy.com but with different pricing. I'm a Best Buy shopper (use the RewardZone program) but this sounds awfully shady.

No comments: