Saturday, April 28, 2007

Facts, exams, polls on positions

Hello! Spring is here! Mowed the lawn for the first time today. It is always a great feeling, until I realize "Wait, now I have to do this once a week or more!".

Some links:
  • 301 Useless Facts. While many are useless, a lot of them are interesting.
  • Comparison of a Chinese high school test question with a British college one. Ah, it's just math. You'll never need to use that again... In reality, I find this disturbing. (Not that the Chinese are educating their kids well, but that the British and Americans are letting education slide.)
  • This political poll states that three quarters of Americans like leaders that will compromise, and two thirds of Americans like leaders that stick to their positions, even if unpopular. I very firmly believe in this and will stand strong on it, but I'm willing to change my mind.

No comments: