Saturday, April 01, 2006

New PC on the way, KH2 available

Well, I broke down and ordered a new computer today from Dell. Not the first one I customized. I really made an effort to minimize the cost this time, and one thing that helped was I found a 30% off coupon on DealCatcher. Ahh, the Internet... how did we live without you?
Given my hobbies, schooling, and job, I'm fairly literate when it comes to computer stuff (though, I've slipped a bit in my knowledge of the latest components), but I think Dell's site is getting to be very busy and cluttered. I think it could really intimidate someone trying to buy a computer.

I don't know how it slipped my attention but Kingdom Hearts 2 is available in the US now for the PS2. I don't play games nearly the way I used to, but the first Kingdom Hearts was one of my recent favorites, so I picked up the sequel today. It is a weird blend of Disney properties with Final Fantasy properties (a totally unexpected mix of two of my favorites that ends up being the digital entertainment equivalent of a Reese's peanut butter cup). Kingdom Hearts had a great story, great voice acting, and was just plain fun.

No comments: