Sunday, October 01, 2006

War, decisions, denial, quotes, widgets

We're having a beautiful weekend here, so I'm starting to prep the yard for fall. Trimmed all the bushes yesterday, and with all the traffic at the yard dump it looks like a lot of other people had the same idea. Need to get to my garden yet; maybe I'll wait a week on that. The vegetables didn't really survive some of the earlier cold nights, but a lot of the flowers still look OK.
Some links:
  • Maps of War has an interesting animation that shows 5000 years of Middle East control in 90 seconds.
  • Perhaps Rock, Paper, Scissors would be a good alternative to war. We could use this guide on how to win at it.
  • I thought President Bush came from the state of Texas, but maybe it was the State of Denial. I don't know; I mainly posted this as an excuse to link to the top ten Bushisms (some with audio and video).
And my link of the day:

Widgetbox - a great collection of widgets for your website or blog.

No comments: