Tuesday, October 17, 2006

World food

Hello! Been a few days since posts, as I've been having a lot of long nights (and some early mornings) at work lately due to problems and last minute emergencies. Otherwise, I was also out of town this weekend, once again at the World Food Festival in Des Moines, IA. A little chillier than last year, but a good time. There were more vendors there (see the web link for more details) this year, but unfortunately my stomach was smaller than my ambition, so I didn't sample all that much. I did however have:
  • Chicken Curry over Steamed Rice, Crab Rangoons - from Cafe Fuzion (Asian non-specific)
  • Pork Pupusa with cole slaw - from Pupusas de El Salvador
    • (also sampled a Canoa from this same place)
  • A sample of hummus - from Saloo's India

All very good, and it makes me wish whitmarshall had a little more variety in restaurants.

Site of the day:

The Pumpkin Lady - a whole bunch of pumpkin patterns for your jack o lanterns.

No comments: