Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Blizzardy day, toy mash-up, lost rhapsody, Sony's cd blunder

Ooh, it's cold! Why do I never expect it to be this cold when we're first hit with wintry weather? We had a little snow weeks ago, but today it is actually staying on the ground. Roads were noticibly icy as I left work, and the wind is a killer. I just hope I don't get any drifts in the driveway overnight.

Unfortunately, I ran one of the xcp CDs on my PC before hearing about this (list of known CDs listed in the Spotter's guide link above), so looks like I'll be spending the rest of this evening figuring out how to remove Sony's unwanted junk from my PC.

2 comments:

Kahnman said...

Those SW Transformers toys are awesome. The Vader and Luke ones seem the best. Brian, it's better they came out now because you have better income now. Do you still buy toys like you did in college? I'm guessing you make a little more now that you did at ICT.

Damn that Foo Fighter's CD. My PC is now at risk because of that. I hate DRM anyway, so at least it's getting a black eye now.

Brian Whitmarsh said...

I really don't buy many toys now unless I happen across something really cool. Yes, I make more than at ICT, but by the way it was called the MRC when I was there (Media Resource Center).

I don't know what the deal is. I have one of the CDs on the list and remember that I had trouble ripping the songs (iTunes wouldn't play it), but when I downloaded the "patch/cleanup" utility from Sony, it said it could not find xcp on my PC.