Saturday, November 05, 2005

Food service curse

I broke down and went to the new KFC/A&W (see previous post). The parking lot was full (and there were cars parked on side streets and in adjacent lots), so I decided to go through drive through. It was a pretty darn long wait (and this was at around 1:15pm, so I thought the lunch rush would die down slightly). When I got to the pay/pickup window, I asked the girl to read back what I got because I thought the price was quite a bit more than I mentally calculated (turns out one of the items was twice the cost I thought). She gave me a bag of food and said "thank you, come again", and it took her a little while to realize I was still waiting there because she didn't give me my drink. Comically, she said "wait! don't go yet, I've got to get your drink!", which she then did and I started to drive off (as is the custom). I looked in my bag as I was leaving and found that they left out one of the items in my order (in addition to the almost missed drink), so I had to go back again and wade through the gaggle of people in the restaurant. To top it all off, I thought the food pretty much sucked (I leaned A&W in the order); it was all pretty cold (cold, soggy fries), and the burger was at the bottom of the quick serve quality. Plus there was a dollup of mashed potatoes in the bottom of the bag; and I didn't even order mashed potatoes! (I suppose that was a bonus.)

No comments: