Sunday, October 09, 2005

Behold the Preserving Power of Rice!

I was eating out at a Mexican restaurant last night and there was a group of young girls and a guy eating there. I couldn't help but hearing a lot of their conversation, and was amazed at their breadth of knowledge. The fantastic wealth of knowledge that our schools provide them is heart-warming. Some of the wonderful new facts I learned:
  • The British Umpire is a commonwealth.
  • The British Umpire, commonwealth, and knights is, like, historic.
  • One of the Beatles, not the dead one, but Peter, is a knight.
  • Mick Jagger is French.
  • You can take that leftover rice home, because you can put it in the shelf and it will last forever. This is because rice is one of nature's most powerful preservers.
Rice will help preserve anything. It might be that there is salt in there, and if that is the case then it is called indigenous. I think someone needs to update the Internet with these facts; I'm sure they're sitting in someone's in-box and they just haven't got around to fixing the Internet yet. One of the sad things, though, is that I'm not even sure if these were high school or college girls. I'm sure this is a dilema that Sir Peter faces, as well.

I just caught the end of Extreme Makeover Home Edition, which I kind of like, but had always wondered about some of the later effects as mentioned in
this article.

No comments: