Saturday, October 29, 2005

Pizza! Pizza! (Pizza!)

A friend and I ordered pizza from Papa John's tonight. When it arrived, we discovered that the pizza we received was similar, but not correct for what we ordered. The "pizza code" on the box label was correct, but didn't match the pizza. We called back up and found that they accidentally swapped pizzas with another order (put them in the wrong boxes). They said 'keep the pizza, we're sending a correct one. Sorry for that.'

Later, we received the next pizza. I should have reviewed it with the delivery guy before he took off, because when we popped it open, it was close, but one topping was wrong (black olives instead of tomatoes). Now, I've had pizza mistakes before, but never has my "corrected" pizza also been wrong.


Called back up and said I got another wrong one. 'Hold on, let me get the guy that took your order.' A lot of heated yelling in the background for several minutes. A lot of 'no way!' 'unbelievable!' '' 'maybe I punched it in wrong' 'did he verify it?' etc. Finally, I speak to the guy again and he says they can send another pizza or he'll mail me a gift certificate. I say I've got enough pizza already so send me the certificate. 'We got a lot of new people here today. We're having a lot of problems, sorry you had to get caught up in it.'


Well, I will await my gift certificate (especially since he never asked my name or address on the last call). I really haven't had problems with Papa John's before, but this was pretty ridiculous. I guess the plus side is that I got a lot of pizza for my money; too bad it wasn't all what I ordered.

1 comment:

Kahnman said...

Even a mistake pizza is still good pizza. Just load on the butter dipping sauce and it will all taste the same.