Thursday, October 13, 2005

What's next? An iPod you can smell and taste?

I have a 3G iPod, but boy, am I tempted by the new Apple iPod Video. I have to admit it is probably just the gadget-coolness factor, and I see a lot less use for portable video than portable music (are people going to be watching movies when they jog?). I guess it would be nice on flights or to carry around home videos or photos, but I mainly use mine to listen to music while I work.

I have installed iPod Linux on my iPod, but really haven't played around with it much. It is actually kind of annoying the way it is, because I can't get music to play when I boot into the linux mode (you can bypass it into the normal iPod bootup).

Also, iTunes has really grown on me (though I really resisted it at first. I only switched over after MusicMatch stopped supporting iPod). I really like the podcast subscription feature, but don't really listen to the podcasts daily.

2 comments:

Brian Whitmarsh said...

Well, guess I will be turning on word verification after all...

Kahnman said...

They sure are creative in their comments.

Before you buy any new ipod, make sure you research all the products on the market. There are a lot of good products out there, some of which are better than ipods, but you have to seek them out because they don't constantly market them in your face like the ipod does.