Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween! Hello?

What's the deal? Is there some law against Halloween? It is almost 10 PM here, and so far I've had 2 trick-or-treaters. This is the worst turnout I've ever had, which is strange since my neighborhood gets bigger every year. Maybe it's me. Is my house not inviting enough? Are you supposed to send out trick-or-treat invitations? Is it the blood I poured all over my front steps? I think I will choose to believe that all the kids are sitting in the pumpkin patch waiting for "The Great Pumpkin" to appear, even though that thought is a bit sad and pathetic. And we all know that "waiting for The Great Pumpkin" is probably just a euphemism for what those kids really do in the pumpkin patch these day. Whippersnappers!

By the way, I got my Papa John's gift certificates (see a couple posts down). That was fast service. Thanks!

2 comments:

Kahnman said...

That's just more candy for you I guess.

Brian Whitmarsh said...

That's too much candy for me. I'm going to start unloading it at the office. I keep a candy dish there, so thankfully I don't need to buy restock for a while.