Sunday, October 09, 2005

Slowly Getting Started

I'm off to a crawling start on this thing. I'm using the wonderful Blogger for my blog tool. Very easy to get going; a little trickier to customize the look of the site. I have to dust off some of my html and css skills for the task. Also, I took a look at the Hello (Picasa) application that Blogger recommends for pictures, and didn't have much luck with it. I guess I'm looking for a bit more of a traditional image hosting for site graphics, so I decided to just use a combination of my ISP web space and Flickr.

I recently signed up for Flickr, and think it is a really cool tool for photo storing and sharing. I have a lot of old photo albums, so I decided that in case of fire or disaster, I should scan them and keep them somewhere safe. So, I've begun that arduous process. However, I've already run into my monthly limit of Flickr transfer and I'm only up to "Brian Whitmarsh - 17 months old". (There is a pay version of the site that I haven't looked into yet.)

No comments: